Thursday 3 December 2015

Hickory Dickory Dock Cushions

I am loving the pink and cream ones, they remind me of sugar mice that used to go into Christmas stockings.

The mice are breeding! If they carry on at this rate our house may soon be overrun! And the situation was not helped by finding this bargain old, grey, wool suit the other day in a Charity Shop - think how many mice could be made from this!


Anyway, these 3 were too squished in the basket and wanted new homes.


So I thought I'd better oblige...


Teacup cushions make perfect mouse homes.






And then my favourite mouse house - a clock.



Vintage mother of pearl buttons make the best clock digits, I think I need a real clock with them!


And once I'd made that clock, I had an urge to make a Grandfather Clock...




The proportions didn't work so well for this one, making the clock big enough to look Grandfather like took up too much of my cushion space really, but it wasn't a complete disaster.

Ignore the pencil marks still on here, I obviously took this photo before I washed it.



And I'm feeling a strong sense of achievement this week because I finally opened an Etsy Shop - hurray for me! It got done very late at night, and has not been given quite the time it deserves necessarily, but at least it's done. At the moment it's not overflowing with items (10 there!) and I've stuck with just posting to the UK, hopefully I'll get braver in time! If anyone does go and have a nose over there and spots improvements needed then please shout out. Or if any of you are experienced Etsy sellers (or buyers!) and have any top tips generally for me then they would be very welcome. 

Sally

PS Link to shop - WonkyPatchwork, which is, surprise surprise, its name! Hopefully there'll be a permanent link up on the right margin near the top too.


10 comments:

  1. How clever! I wish I had great tips for Etsy; I have had a store since April 2014 and it still feels like a big mystery to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super, super cute mice, Sally!!! Love them in each of their homes - the sweet teacups and the clocks. Congrats on opening your Etsy store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh, you never cease to amaze me with your creativity. Love all of it. Congratulations on the shop, so exciting. Heading over to check it out now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are absolutely precious! I can't tell from the pictures, but are the mice stuffed or are they finger puppets that can be removed from the pocket and played with? Completely adorable! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are absolutely precious! I can't tell from the pictures, but are the mice stuffed or are they finger puppets that can be removed from the pocket and played with? Completely adorable! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the mice cushions are so cute, and congrats opening your shop x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on opening your shop - and the mice cushions are just adorable - definitely the better sort of mice to be overrun by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously the sweetest things I've seen in Blogland this Christmas! Gorgeous! xCathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the Etsy shop. These will sell like crazy. They're adorable and whimsical, two of my favourite things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME!!! sorry ive been awfully slack at catching up :-) Love those cushions and super dooper yay for an Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment, I love to hear from you!