Tuesday 26 August 2014

Dreams Of Gold Quilt


The quilt is finally finished, and after taking it with us for a photo shoot on a beautiful, sunset beach trip, it feels like it's become more of a 'Dreams of Gold' quilt than an 'Elephant Quilt'. The light was just so gorgeous and golden and dreamy. So lots of photos!









The 'Sogni d'Oro' block - 'Dreams of Gold'

And the back...


I added a small border to my elephant-in-a-tea-cup-hot-air-balloon section, along with a few stars scattered and another patchwork strip. You can maybe see my binding more clearly from the back too - I went for scrappy binding, but just in my torquoise and yellow colours.

I machine embroidered the 'Sogni D'Oro' again on the back, as well as a (long!) name.

I did the photos just as we were leaving, but the children sneaked off to take advantage of a little more time there to get completely soaking wet all over again, only this time fully dressed.



It was a lovely evening.


Linking up with Lets Bee Social, Linky Tuesday and, if I remember, quite possibly WIP Wednesday and Needle and Thread Thursday later in the week!

Sally.

22 comments:

  1. It is beautiful Sally. I know I have said it before, but you are one talented lady. Creating a quilt is on my to do list, I wish you were closer to teach me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so charming. I love the little elephant on the back. This is sure to give the recipient sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful quilt! And I'm not partial because I see my name snuck in there or anything. ;) Beautiful photography and I like the imagery of 'dream of gold' as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide which is more gorgeous the quilt or the beach. Your photographs with both are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh that is beautiful - the beach and that wonderful quilt. Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo beautiufl - the Colors are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Sally! I think you could call your quilt both "gold" and "elephant" quilt! I love the improvisational look of your quilt. It is so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I love the colour scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finish! The piecing in this is so fun

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is beautiful!
    Oh and the pictures...amazing pictures, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sally, it's a beautiful quilt and a marvelous photoshoot! Loved looking at your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh it's so sweet... it made me smile! I love all the colours & the improv look. (oh, and great pics too! )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photos - the second one down is my favourite, the light on the quilt and the pebbles is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun quilt! Love the back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this quilt. I like these colors married together with wonky blocks. So many little things to look at and see. All those pictures really made this post. Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow... I'm amazed. I saw it coming together, but the finished piece is just wonderful.
    Honestly, I love the front, but the back is just wonderful. That elephant in a teacup grips me. :-)
    Great job lady!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great quilt! And gorgeous photos! Just terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful evening made more gorgeous with that awesome quilt! Love the backing and the little elephant in a teacup! Just an adorable detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow it is absolutely stunning! Lucky lady with the long name, she'll have a hard time choosing which side to have as the front they're both so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh it's gorgeous and I love the way you photographed it x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I adore the quilt but the handwriting and elephant in the hot air balloon really stole the show. Thanks for all the dreamy photos.

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! This turned out gorgeous, Sogni! Love those elephants and especially the one on the backing going for a balloon ride. Beautiful finish and photos, too!

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment, I love to hear from you!