Saturday 8 March 2014

This Moment

Here's a belated link to Soulemama's moment. I'm afraid I had some problems yesterday getting photos from camera to computer. Initially I thought the computer was the problem, then possibly the camera, both of which would have been bad news, but today I discovered it's just the card in the camera that seems to be the problem. Which is good news, except that my 'moment' was on there, and now can't be retrieved - it was a dalek and daffodil moment, you would have loved it! But never mind, we've had a day of moments today, in lovely sunshine, so I'll show you them instead.

{this moment}
A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember. If you're inspired to do the same, leave a link to your 'moment' in the comments for all to find and see.
. . . . . . . . . .













And what I might have posted about today if I hadn't been catching up on yesterday, would also have been sunshine related. Venetia pointed out that I hadn't made myself a brooch, and that I really should. A good point, I thought! I don't tend to wear jewellery often, but a fabric brooch on my coat is my kind of thing. So I had a think about what I might like my brooch to be, and it didn't take long to decide I'd like a sunburst.


Which was also perfect to go on my favourite blue jacket.



My 'sunburst' seems to be getting smaller and smaller, it started out as a quilt, then a cushion, now a brooch. Not sure it's going to get any smaller now, mind you!

Hoping you're enjoying some sunshine too, wherever you are. 

Sally.





4 comments:

  1. Love your brooch. And wow, that looks like a great day! We had a spring like day, but not spring like enough to be barefoot yet. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like spring has sprung! Much to the delight of the kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look like you had So MUCH fun!!!! Wish I was there to run around barefoot as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like spring has hit your area...bare feet already!!! :) Your children are adorable...I love your littlest one's purple sweater...is it handmade? The red and white polka dots are darling too!

    ReplyDelete

Please post a comment, I love to hear from you!