Monday 20 January 2014

Froggy Inspiration

Supposedly it's been the most depressing day of the year today - Blue Monday. We've had sunshine here again today and it hasn't felt at all depressing. But Maria and I have also been reading (quite a few times!) one of our favourite books:

It's been a favourite with all the children and is quite well worn!
And if we had been at all depressed this would have cheered us up without a doubt!


How could anyone be miserable when faced with this handsome, happy frog?

Have you read it?

If you have then hopefully you'll know what I mean. If you haven't, and you have young children, look out for a copy (look out for a copy even if you don't have young children!).



Anyway, after reading it the 5th or 6th time today I decided that it would be very good inspiration for a mini quilt. A special mini quilt in defiance of Blue Monday. I haven't got very far with the idea so far. I'm not sure whether or not to go with one of the pictures in the book or a different frog. Perhaps something like this:


http://www.pinterest.com/pin/65654107041999842/
Maria and I had a little drawing session together earlier which allowed me to have a go at a quick sketch, but I'm not sure yet. I like this frog and I like the book frog. I think I need to sleep on it and maybe decide what fabric I'm going to use first.



But it just goes to show quilt inspiration can come from all sorts of areas. I often find children's books are an excellent source. There's another make I have on the go at the moment from a different children's book, if I get myself organised I might get it to a point I can show you tomorrow. Back then, Sally.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I love to hear from you!