Monday 9 December 2013

Thrifty finds

What I'm really craving at the moment is some lovely, quiet time at home to do some sewing. Since that's not happening, the next best thing at the weekend was some Charity Shop retail therapy. I was supposed to be Christmas shopping - I did find a few presents as well but I was more excited by my wool and fabric finds.

Tis the season to find lots of good, wool scarves in Charity Shops...


A gorgeous multi coloured, striped one.
 
A pretty, cosy one.
  
And a very soft check one.

 Then I found a really big piece of great fabric...


This piece is about 5 yards long, I'm thinking it would make a great quilt back. And I've been itching to make a seaside themed quilt for ages.


Next a beautiful, bright retro, floral print. And again it was a really big piece...



And my last piece of fabric was a flat sheet, with a very Christmassy feel to it...



Perfect for a quilt back for a Christmas quilt - another quilt I've been itching to make. My friend, Michele, has just made a beautiful one from gorgeous Riley Blake Christmas fabric. Here it is:

075.JPG



Isn't it lovely? And see how soft and warm that backing looks too. Next year, definitely next year!

And my last find to show you is this bedside locker:


It's a good, sturdy wooden bedside locker which someone has decoupaged with some very pretty papers. At the moment Venetia has a very boring bedside locker in her room which could easily move to another room, making way for this one. It even has quite a lot of butterflies on it already. It could do with a bit of a clean and a coat of varnish or glue, but I think Venetia will love it.

Not sure about the wooden handles and feet - perhaps they'd be better painted?

A pretty good day's shopping all round. I came back with aching feet and my mental health (at least temporarily!) restored!

Back again tomorrow, Sally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I love to hear from you!