Tuesday 16 July 2013

Colourful wool pennies quilt




This is a quilt I made shortly before I started this blog, so I haven't got loads of photos of it, but it's very simple. I wanted to make something really bright and colourful, and it turned out just as I hoped! I'm not mad keen on making quilts with squares - too much effort needed to match up all the corners. But with wool it's so much easier - because of how beautifully it cuts and because there's just enough stretch in the fabric to help get the corners as you want them when you're sewing.

At the moment this quilt is part of an exhibition at Rowan Tree Studio up near Clovelly. The studio is open daily until the 21st July from 10.30am to 4.30pm for a Quilt and Vintage Sewing Machine Exhibition as part of the Art Trek Open Studios week. See here for further details: https://www.facebook.com/#!/Rowantreestudio?fref=ts
(They run lots of lovely looking sewing workshops up there, as well as things like candle making. I've got my eye on a free machine embroidery day in October.)

Every year I see so many intriguing Art Trek signs up as I'm driving around the North Devon Area and I've never managed to visit any of the studios that are open. So I'm feeling quite excited that I'm planning on heading up to Rowan Tree Studios later today to see the Exhibition. Hopefully I'll have some photos (as long as I'm allowed to take some) to share with you on here tomorrow. Any local readers involved in Art Trek themselves? Or anyone been to a Studio that they would really recommend visiting?

Sally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I love to hear from you!